Healthy. Snacking. Redefined.
The Nightshade Free Root Vegetable
• It is a root vegetable that comes from the tropical regions of South America.
• Yuca contains 21 MG of Vitamin C; White potatoes only have 8 MG.
• Yuca is a very great source of a non-inflammatory carbohydrate.
Did you know that the potato is part of the Solanaceae family and contains plant compounds that encourage pain and inflammation? Another member of this infamous family is the tomato! Many people have found their aches and pains have improved by eliminating tomatoes and potatoes. Many people are allergic to nightshade vegetables (potatoes being one of them) but Yuca can provide you with the benefits of a carbohydrate without the problematic effects of nightshade vegetables.
• Plantains are a tropical plant of the banana family.
• They Provide abundant Carbohydrates which help fuel your muscles, brain and other cells and tissues.
• Plantains are rich in potassium, magnesium and phosphate
• They are a good source of vitamins A, B6, and C.
Plantains must be cooked before they are eaten. They are used as a starchy vegetable when green and as a sweet side dish or dessert when ripe (the skin turns black). They are a staple in Asia, Africa, India, the Caribbean and Central and South America. They’re one of the most versatile starches available. They’re also rich in nutrients like potassium, beta-carotene, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, and a good source of dietary fiber.
Sustainable* Palm Oil
• Palm Oil has the perfect balance of fatty acids to make it stable for high temperatures. Not all types of oils are good for all temperatures and you might be doing yourself more harm than good by using any oil indistinctively..
• Palm Oil is cholesterol free and since it does not require hydrogenation, it is also trans fat free.
• It is a rich source of Vitamin E.
• Palm oil is the richest natural source of Beta-Carotene (pro-vitamin A).
• Rumors say that Saturated fats are bad, but this isn’t true. Quality and unrefined Saturated Fats are actually good for us! Butter, cream and HEALTHY animal fat are actually really good for us. In the vegetable kingdom, quality saturated fats come in the form of Coconut Oil and Palm Oil.
• Healthy cooking oils are natural and whole foods complete. They are a PRODUCT OF NATURE, NOT THE LABAROTORY. They are stable when heated and have a long tradition of use by health populations. Modern vegetable oils are non of these things. Palm oil is most definitely healthy cooking oil.
• Refined, mostly polyunsaturated, vegetable oils that most people believe to be the healthiest now a days, have very few, if any, available nutrients and are actually oxidized, or rancid and add free radicals to the body. They are most certainly unstable when heated.
We use only SUSTAINABLE non-hydrogenated 100% Vegetable Palm to crisp our Artisan Tropic snacks.