- 1 cup of almond flour
- ½ cup of almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ cup of your favorite preserve or jam, I used a Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup of crushed yucca chips from Artisan Tropics
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine ghee, almond butter, egg and maple syrup until well combined.
- Then add the almond flour and baking soda.
- Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes so they firm up a bit.
- In a small bowl put your crushed up yucca chips.
- Remove the dough from the freezer.
- Form about 10-12 balls depending on the size you want them.
- Roll in the crushed up yucca chips and make an imprint to fill with the jam.
- Fill with about a teaspoon or so of jam.
- Place in a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy.
Recipe developed by Andrea Escobar