Prep time: 20
Total time: 6 hours
Key Lime Ice cream:
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons lime zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ounces dates, pitted
- ¼ cup maple
Cinnamon Plantain Pie Crust:
- 2 ounces Artisan Tropic Cinnamon Plantain Chips
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoon palm shortening
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all of the ice cream ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until mixture is smooth. If any dates pieces remain pour the batter through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add the batter to your ice cream maker and follow according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the plantains, coconut chips and chia seeds to a food processor and pulse into a coarse meal.
- Add the palm shortening, maple, vanilla and sea salt and pulse until the mixture starts to form in to a loose ball. Set aside.
- Add about 1/3 of the completed ice cream to a large container and then tear off small pieces of the pie dough and place on top of the ice cream. Repeat with the next two layers.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or until ice cream is solid. Remove from the freezer about 20 minutes before serving.