- 1 cup Otto’s Naturals cassava flour
- 1 tbl maca powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup maple sugar
- 6 tbls grass fed butter or ghee
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped Pili Hunters pili nuts, coconut oil and salted variety
- ¾ cup crushed Artisan Tropic cassava strips
- optional coating
- 2 tbls maple sugar
- 2 tbls finely chopped Pili Hunters pili nuts
- 2 tbls crushed Artisan Tropic cassava strips
- ½ tsp maca powder
- chocolate coating/drizzle* (opt)
- Preheat oven to 350° – line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a small bowl, combine cassava flour, maca powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In medium sized bowl, combine maple sugar, butter (or ghee), egg and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients, pili nuts, crushed cassava chips and mix slowly to combine until dry ingredients are mixed in and then increase speed to fully mix all ingredients.
- Mix optional “coating” ingredients in a small bowl if using.
- Scoop dough with 4cm cookie scoop, roll into a ball, drop into the coating mix (if using) and coat completely. Place on baking sheet 2″ apart, repeat with remaining dough. Using a flat bottom glass, press each cookie flat, approximately ¼” thick. Bake for 8-9 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
* For optional chocolate coating/drizzle, melt 1 cup of your favorite dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil over double broiler until smooth and melted. Dip bottom (or half ) of cooled cookie in chocolate, shake so excess will drip back into bowl and place on parchment lined baking sheet, repeat with remaining cookies until complete and drizzle with any leftover chocolate and sprinkle with any leftover coating. Let chocolate firm up before serving.
Recipe Developed by: Michelle & Makenna from Back Porch Paleo:
IG @backporchpaleo ~ www.backporchpaleo.com ~ FB @backporchpaleo