- 2.5 ounces Artisan Tropic Cinnamon Plantain Strips
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Lemon Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place the cashews in a small saucepan and fill with water until cashews are fully submerged. Bring the water to boil and take off the heat and place a lid on the saucepan. Let cashews soak for a minimum of one hour. Drain in to a colander and then rinse.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch spring form pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Add the plantains, coconut flakes and chia seeds to a food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
- Add the palm shortening, maple, salt and baking soda and pulse until mixture is combined and starting to form in to a ball.
- Press the crust in to the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside
- Add the cashews, coconut milk, oil, maple syrup, lemon zest, juice, vanilla extract and sea salt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in to the pan and let set in the freezer for about two hours or in the refrigerator for 6-8. Top with coconut whipped cream if desired and serve
If you prefer a more tart cheesecake add more lemon zest to taste