Prep time: 25
Total time: 10 minutes
Cassava Encrusted Chicken
- 2 cups crush cassava chips, (approximately 2 bags)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt. divided
- F3 eggs, whisked
- 4-5 tablespoons avocado oil
- 10-12 chicken tenders (approximately 1.5lbs)
- 4 cups field greens
- 4-5 radishes, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- Crush the cassava chips by placing them in a food processor or blender along with the garlic, chili powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped but not fine.
- Pour the mixture in to a large shallow bowl or plate. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt over the chicken tenders. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a shallow bowl or large plate and whisk. Coat the chicken tender with the egg mixture and then dip it in the cassava chips and use your hands to press it on to the chicken. If you wish to have a thicker coating dip the tender in the egg mixture and then cassava chips again.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken tenders.
- Preheat air-fryer to 375. Brush or spray both sides of the chicken tender with oil and then cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the outside is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165.
- While the chicken is cooking assemble the salad components in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake or whisk to combine.
- Once the chicken is done divide the salad among 4 bowls and top with chicken and lemon dressing. Serve immediately.
Recipe Developed by Jessi from www.jessiskitchen.com