- 1/2 of a small White Onion
- 1/8 of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp. of Arrowroot Starch
- 1 cup of Artisan Tropic’s Plantain/Cassava Chips
- 1tbsp of Virgin (Cold Pressed) Coconut Oil
- Cut your white onion. Take about 5-6 good-looking cut rings. One you’re done, crank the oven to 400 degrees.
- Finely crunch up your plantain or cassava chips in a plastic bag or on a flat cutting board (I use my magic bullet). FYI, they must be breadcrumb consistency.
- Dredge the naked onion rings in the Arrowroot Starch and shake off the extra clumps. Then dunk the Arrowroot Starch in the almond milk quicklydon’t let them sit for more than 3 seconds.
- Next, coat the rings in the ground up breadcrumb looking chips and place nicely on baking sheet pan.
- Once all of the rings are on the pan, drizzle the coconut oil evenly on top of each Ring-This will help crisp up the crumbs. After each ring is equally covered, put in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the rings.