This recipe was created by Lauren of A Bright Moment Food and Travel Blog - Lauren is a food photographer, freelance writer and foodie! Her Blog offers delicious recipes from around the world, travel tips, restaurant guides and more…
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- One 4.5 oz bag of Artisan Tropic Sea Salt Plantain Strips
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 lb. Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup Honey Mustard
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
For the Chicken Marinade:
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a shallow rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, garlic powder, and onion powder together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add the plantain chips. Pulse 4-5 times, or until the crumb-like texture. Alternatively, you can smash the plantain chips in a ziploc bag.
- In a third bowl, stir together the smashed plantain chips and finely shredded coconut. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips. Season with salt.
- Dip each chicken breast tender into the flour mixture, then the egg bowl, and finally in the plantain bowl. Place on the prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining chicken breast tenders.
- (Optional: Lightly drizzle or spray with olive oil for added texture.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the chicken tenders halfway through. It's fully cooked when internal temperatures are 165F. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the honey mustard and mayonnaise together. Adjust to taste. Enjoy with the warm chicken tenders!
Make sure to follow Lauren from @brightmomentco for more amazing recipe inspiration!