This recipe was created by Lauren of A Bright Moment Food and Travel Blog - Lauren is a food photographer, freelance writer and foodie! Her Blog offers delicious recipes from around the world, travel tips, restaurant guides and more…
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for the Chicken Marinade
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, Skinless and Boneless
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Peach Preserves
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp each: Salt, Black Pepper, Dried Oregano
Ingredients for the Nachos:
- Two 4.5 oz Artisan Tropic Sea Salt Plantain Strips
- 1 cup White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Red Onion, finely chopped
- Jalapeños, sliced
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped, or Salsa
- Avocados, chopped
- Microgreens (optional)
For the Chicken Marinade:
- In a large bag or airtight container, combine all ingredients. Seal tightly and lightly shake to mix together. Set aside in the fridge to marinate at least 20 minutes.
- To cook, add both the chicken and marinade in a large skillet over medium high heat with 1/4 cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium to cook for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken then place back in the pan to cook over medium high heat until all the marinade sauce is absorbed by the chicken. Remove from heat to cool.
For the Nachos:
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the plantain strips to the prepared sheet pan.
- Add the layer of the shredded chicken, then a layer of the shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy immediately!
Make sure to follow Lauren from @brightmomentco for more amazing recipe inspiration!